Superior Service in All Aspects of Family Law
We focus solely on family law, allowing us to guide you through every step of the legal process, including the following legal matters:
- Adoption – Adoptions create a legally recognized parent-child relationship between individuals. We can review adoption agreements, and litigating issues involving the termination of the birthparent’s parental rights.
- Annulments – When a marriage is void due to some legal defect—such as if one party is still legally married to someone else—a party can request the court for an annulment. This procedure treats the marriage as if it never happened, and no marital duties had existed.
- Alimony – Matters regarding alimony—also known as spousal support—depend on issues regarding financial need. We can develop an evidentiary record to support or contest alimony claims to preserve your future legal and economic interests.
- Child Custody – Courts determine child custody issues based on the best interests of the minor child. We are devoted to protecting the welfare and interests of your children.
- Child Support – Parents owe a duty to provide financial support for their children. We will protect your financial interests concerning child support obligations based on a relevant custody arrangement, factoring you and your former spouse’s respective financial conditions.
- Divorce – Our legal team will guide you through each aspect of your divorce, from the division of marital property to proceedings concerning child custody and child support.
- Fathers' Rights – Your parental rights as a father depend on the existence of a parent-child relationship. Our attorneys will preserve your legal rights in proceedings such as paternity, child custody, child support, and adoptions.
- Modifications – When a substantial change in circumstances warrants changing the terms of an initial family court order, we will advocate for your rights to make sure any modification requests reflect you and your family’s best interests.
- Name Changes – A person may change their name with respect to marital and domestic relations matters. We can guide you through the name change process and advise you on the pros and cons of changing your name.
- Paternity – Paternity proceedings determine the existence of a parent-child relationship for fathers. Such proceedings can affect your rights regarding the custody and support of children, adoptions, and other matters involving the parent-child relationship.
- Prenuptial Agreements – We have experience negotiating and drafting prenuptial agreements for prospective newlyweds. You can count on our legal team to provide you with advice regarding the appropriateness of a prenuptial agreement in your case.
- Property Division – Pennsylvania law on the equitable distribution of marital property and the validity of private property settlement agreements determine your rights to such property upon divorce. We can help you understand your legal responsibilities and options regarding property division proceedings in your divorce case.
- Relocation – Relocating to a different city, county, or state can have tremendous legal implications regarding the custody of children. We are here to advise you about the best legal course of action about relocations.
- Protection from Abuse – If the threat of abuse plagues your family, we can help you and your loved ones obtain legal protection from Pennsylvania’s family law courts against such abuse.
- Wills & Estate Law – We offer legal support for families in matters such as probate and estate administration, so you and your family’s inheritance rights are adequately considered by the courts.
- Mediation – Mediation is a valuable tool that allows the parties in a family law case to privately resolve their differences without resorting to costly litigation. Our team of lawyers has experience with negotiating during the mediation process to ensure your legal rights and interests are preserved.
Communication is essential, and our attorneys will keep you updated through every step of the process. If demands are not met during negotiations, we will not hesitate to be aggressive litigators on your behalf.
Contact our Pittsburgh family law attorneys today at (412) 281-1988 to schedule a consultation. We are ready to hear your story and advise you on your next steps.